Ready to start your podcast? Chances are, you are putting a lot of work into your show. Podcasting is no quick task, it takes a lot of time and effort! The last thing you want is for all of that work to go unnoticed. Aside from sharing the news of your amazing new show with your audience on social media or with your email list, one of the best strategies for growing your podcast right from the start is by hosting a podcast launch giveaway.
Why You Should Consider Hosting A Podcast Launch Giveaway:
Engagement is the golden ticket to a successful podcast. While it’s amazing if you grow a long list of loyal listeners, it’s even better if they are engaged in your show. What do I mean by that? If your audience is engaged, they are actually clicking through to follow you on social media, they are checking out your business and your website, they are making purchases, they are getting on your email list. All of these things grow your business and that is the ultimate goal! To require engagement for your giveaway, ask that listeners follow you on social media or join your email list.
Gain More Reviews
You can have the most amazing show in the world, but if you don’t have those coveted five-star reviews, it will still be hard to find. Podcasting platforms love when you have good reviews and they push your show to new listeners when you do. Not to mention, it can help get you on a list of top podcasts in your category! To make this happen, require that your listeners rate your show and leave a review to be entered to win your giveaway.
Increase Your Reach
One of the most effective ways to grow your reach with your show is by word of mouth. Think about it: most of us are much more likely to check something out when someone we trust recommends it to us. When your friend is raving about an amazing new show, chances are you’ll be tuning in to see what all the fuss is about. Use this to your advantage with your giveaway! To enter, have your listeners share your podcast on Instagram or Facebook and tag you during launch week. Trust me, this one is effective!
Strengthen the Community
Want to know a little secret that many of the biggest podcasters use? They create a community around their podcast. Whether it is a Facebook group, Patreon, or just a sense of community or friendship between the listeners and the host—everyone loves feeling like they are a part of a community. Hosting a giveaway for your show will build that connected feeling among your listeners. If you have a Facebook group, you can make joining it a requirement!
Similar to the effect of having reviews on your show, increasing the number of followers will also boost your podcast ranking, making it more discoverable to potential listeners. To increase your followers, make following your podcast the requirement they need to enter the giveaway.
What You Should Consider Giving Away For Your Podcast Launch Giveaway:
Now I know what you may be thinking, this all sounds amazing, but what should you even give away? The key to a successful giveaway is knowing your audience. Ask yourself what problems they face, what they enjoy, and what is valuable to them. Keep these things in mind and brainstorm items that would fill a need or be of interest to them. Here are a few options that we see our clients giving away the most frequently:
- Merchandise: T-shirts, mugs, notebooks, planners, or anything else that fits the theme of your show.
- Discounts: Your audience is there because they love you and your business, so what better prize than a discount on your amazing products or services? If they are new to your business, a discount code could be the push they need to finally invest.
- Free Coaching Call or Voxer Support: If you are a coach, offering one free coaching session or Voxer support is likely very valuable to your listeners! They tune in to your show to learn from you, and the only thing better than that is a one-on-one conversation where they can work through their unique circumstances with you.
- Course Access: If you’re a course creator, offering free access to your course would be an incredibly effective method of growing your show. Courses are generally a big investment, so the opportunity to get access to one they are interested in at no charge will be very compelling.
- A Guest Spot on the Podcast: This could be as an actual guest or you could read their review during your show and give them a shoutout. It’s fun for listeners to hear their names on podcasts and it will build positive relationships and a sense of community in your audience!
Giveaways are a very popular marketing method for many podcasters, and for a good reason! They are one of the quickest ways to grow your show. With a little market research, a specific call-to-action, and a prize they can’t resist, you can launch your podcast straight to the top of the charts!
Are you interested in learning more about starting a podcast and growing it quickly? Read more of our favorite posts here:
9 Podcast Recording Tips Every Great Host Follows
The Best Productivity Tips for Podcasters
How to Create a Podcast CTA That Your Listeners Won’t Be Able to Resist